QR Codes Give Customers Simplicity and Businesses Data
QR codes have made a big comeback in the past couple of years because people have been craving contactless menus and transactions. In fact, from 2018 to 2020, QR code usage increased by 96%.
All you need to use a QR code is a camera on a smartphone. The use of QR codes in small, medium and large businesses is likely to become the new way to market and communicate with customers. Because QR codes not only give customers the convenience they’ve grown accustomed to, they also provide businesses with important information. For example, a restaurant that allows customers to order via a QR code now has that specific customer’s preference stored for future marketing purposes.
However, QR codes are not necessarily of good quality. Indeed, many QR codes are free QR codes that do not allow any customization. The experience for the user is non-existent and the latter will certainly be disappointed with such a QR code which does not bring anything in particular. In addition, some QR codes only allow one redirect link.
However, using a Ma Balise QR code, it is possible to create a simplified and quality QR code that will refer to several redirect links while having the possibility of personalizing the landing pages. This is an opportunity for companies to refer using a single QR code to their site, an online conversation or their social networks for example.
When businesses use QR codes to communicate with their customers, it’s important to take a few steps to ensure you get the most benefit, including:
- Track how often your Ma Balise codes are scanned and which ones are most scanned. Codes on the door, codes on the service van, codes distributed to customers with a thank-you card, etc.
- Evaluate the customer journey after scanning a Ma Balise QR code for your business.
- Use the data your business receives through QR codes to understand your customers’ contact information, preferred services and communication methods, and more. It is important to note that our Ma Balise Nearby platform allows you to receive Google Analytics analyzes with your QR code.
- Retargetting et Remarketing : When you carry out an advertising campaign with QR codes or NFC tag, the Ma Balise Nearby platform allows you to insert the Facebook pixel to track interactions with advertising campaigns. The latter will be directly visible on your landing page.
By doing this, you could get more online reviews and ensure that you are interacting with your customers at the right time and in the right place, without being intrusive.
The usage rate of QR codes has exploded since 2020, so it’s only natural for consumers to wonder if their information is safe and secure when scanning. The destination QR codes lead to may be dangerous, depending on who created the code and with what intent. As such, when asking customers to upload their information or click on links, it’s always important to state where the link (or in this case, the QR code) comes from and where it leads. It should be noted that Ma Balise QR codes cannot be hacked.
Using new technology can often be overwhelming, especially for business owners who are notoriously busy. Ma Balise QR codes are simplified and of high quality. The purpose of the latter is to bring added value to the marketing of companies. Important things to do to start using QR codes effectively for your business are:
- Determine where you want to lead your client.
Do you want your QR code to lead to a dedicated page, scheduling tool, or conversation with your business?
Using Ma Balise QR codes, you can redirect your customer where you want, very easily. The QR codes generated by our “Nearby” platform allow you a lot of customization options.
You can easily choose where to redirect your customer and it is possible to redirect to multiple landing pages. That is to say, with a single QR code you can refer your customer to your site, an online conversation, your social networks, etc. You can also customize the landing page as you like easily! You can insert images, photos, descriptions and so many more. All of these options can really improve your customers’ experience. In this story, you are a winner!
On our Ma Balise Nearby platform, you can create dynamic QR codes. A dynamic QR code is a QR code for which it is possible to easily change the destination address (site) as many times as desired.
There are also on our Nearby platform, seven different canvases (for making offers, making coupons, for loyalty (loyalty card), for real estate, for business cards, for videos and finally a blank canvas to give free rein to the imagination of the user) to be sure to cover your needs. These are easy to complete for even more ease of use on our platform. Further explanations can be found on our platform. It should be noted that the set is in an exclusively mobile format since in fact, no one scans a QR code with a laptop in the street.
Here are further explanations for three of our canvases:
1) The business card canvas: it allows you to download the Vcard. This allows you to install all the contact data in the contacts of the smartphone automatically, which saves you from copying everything. No more wasting time! You also have the possibility to share the card on social networks and to send by e-mail to someone else who will be able to open it and the contacts of the card can be directly installed in the contacts of their software messaging. Simple, fast and effective !
2) The video canvas: it is possible to put a link to a youtube video or any other platform. In addition, using the Ma Balise canvas, we have the possibility of opening another landing page which allows us to add photos, videos and even a call to action.
3) The real estate canvas: it is reserved for real estate agents. There are a lot of predetermined boxes on the latter and of course the option to check/uncheck some. You can also add a location button on google map, a call to action button to call the agent directly and the possibility of putting descriptive photos and videos of the property.
- Strategically place QR codes for customers to scan.
If your business is very busy, it would be a good idea to place a QR code on your check-in counter or on your front door, for example. To illustrate, at one of our customers, the QR code was placed in a good place and was scanned more than 1,500 times over the month and then after changing its place, the first time, it was 10 times less scanned.
Indeed, it was moved to a place of passage which did not hold enough attention. Then it was moved again and glued to the glass. It was damaged, in the long run, by washing the windows on which it was positioned. The number of scans then dropped even more. This can result in losing contact with your customer. It is therefore essential to be careful where to position the QR code. However, it will take you less than a minute to change it out. You can easily analyze the result of these QR codes. So you will know if these are often scanned or not. If these are not enough, all you have to do is change the location.
People have found myriad uses for QR codes in business, and they’ve quickly become a mainstay of post-pandemic life. With the widespread use of this technology comes a ton of information to help businesses grow and keep their customers happy. It is completely normal to be wary of new technologies and strategies. In order to allay customer concerns before scanning, it is important to educate them on the purpose of QR codes, their speed, contactless and ease of use. All of this is provided by the Ma Balise services and its QR codes.